515 Week is a spring celebration in Downtown Ames for those who live, work and play in the 515 area code, beginning on 5/15. New this year – We are extending the celebration throughout the entire week! Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to 5/15!
Volunteer Sign Up: Sign up Here!
Monday, May 15 – Business Specials & 515 Giveaway
- Participating businesses will feature a variety of “515” specials. Participate in the $515 giveaway by our presenting sponsor, US Bank! Sign up to win any day this week by spending $25 at a Downtown Ames business and showing your receipt to the front desk at the Ames Chamber of Commerce. 1 entry per person for the week. The winner will be announced by US Bank at the BIG BASH on Friday night at Bandshell Park. You must be present to win!
Tuesday, May 16 – Family Night
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Meet at Tom Evans Park (340 Main Street) beginning at 5:00 PM for face painting, a balloon artist and crafts! Participating restaurants will have family friendly specials.
Wednesday, May 17 – Night Time Farmers’ Market and Food Truck Showdown
5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- The Ames Main Street Farmers’ Market will be open for a night time market! There will also be a Food Truck Showdown complete with a beer garden, featuring live music by Jake Doty! Douglas Avenue from Main Street to 5th Street and 5th Street from Douglas to Kellogg will be closed to host the event.
Food Truck Showdown Participants:
- Bearded Jackal Street Food
- Hotsy Totsy Food Truck
- Es Tas Bar & Grill
- Two ‘Ol Chefs
- Carlos Quesadillas
- Karam’s Grill
- Brick and Ember Pizza Company
- The Big Red Food Truck
- Fresh Fusion
- Kona Ice of Central IA
- Donut NV of Central IA
- NesEmil Yum Yum Food Truck
Thursday, May 18 – A Glimpse Into History
- May is National Historic Preservation Month. Get a glimpse of the history behind iconic buildings in Downtown Ames compliments of the City of Ames Historic Preservation Commission and the Ames History Museum. Each participating business will showcase in their store windows a historical photo and information about their building. As you stroll through Downtown Ames and find the historical posters, enjoy the sounds of musicians playing a variety of music along the street.
Two Guys Named Dave (Jazz) – Tom Evans Park
Mother of Exiles (Accordion) – North Side of 200 Block
Friday, May 19 – The Big Bash
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- 515 Week will conclude with the BIG BASH in Bandshell Park featuring the band, The Punching Pandas. The BIG BASH will feature a beer garden and food trucks in addition to the The Punching Pandas playing live on stage! The winner of the $515 giveaway will be announced by our presenting sponsor, US Bank, prior to the music starting. Must be present to win.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
515 Week is presented by: